Popular Posts

Sunday, February 17, 2013

OK, the 380SL Mercedes is here!

Hi folks -- the Mercedes made it to Dayton Saturday morning at 7 a.m. Yes, 7 a.m., rather remarkable since it left LA Thursday. Q-Express -- I wholeheartedly recommend them for vehicle transport.
Photos will follow once the car is washed. First issue -- getting used to the controls, knobs, buttons, etc. How do I open the gas flap?  Questions like that. Then lubricating doors, hood latch, trunk latch and hinges, etc. Had to read the manual for the Alpine stereo system -- too damn many buttons and  features. A fascinating handbrake release know on the left side of the dash!
One problem was that on Friday night it snowed and so there is salt on the roads -- poor CA car gets the harsh exposure to cold Ohio!  Car started up right away and I took Cliff for a ride on I-675.
First issue -- water in windshield washer tank -- had to suck out and replace -- it gets cold here.  Checked anti-freeze protection -- at 20 degrees F or so, maybe a little lower, OK for my garage, but just barely.
So can't wait for a little warmer weather so I can get to know this "Panzer."  Looks great, everything works.

1 comment: