Popular Posts

Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Visit to the Sloan Museum Buick Gallery, Flint MI

Hi folks -- at the conclusion of the Society of Automotive Historians' spring board meeting we had a brief visit to the Buick Gallery at the Sloan Museum in Flint this morning (Saturday, April 27). We had the run of the place, and unfortunately my camera batteries died!  I took tow photos of cars that were a part of an exhibit that opened today on muscle cars, 1950-1969. The two cars have great personal meaning for me, as the Oldsmobile 88 was one of the first cars I remember riding in when I was a child, and my cousin's 1964 GTO convertible made a lasting impression on my during my teenage years. The GTO in the photo was nice but not totally original -- it did not have the proper hub caps or red-line tires, and the drivers side exterior mirror did not look exactly right.  But that said, some nice cars at the Buick Gallery, although I wondered why there was no GS 455 Skylark!

1 comment: