Popular Posts

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday Night Cruise-In I: Beavercreek, Ohio, May 2, 2013

 I got there early and didn't stay long. First one I have gone to this year and it seemed sort of dead. Plenty of old men wearing baseball caps around, and a number of shrivel-faced wives.  The occasional nice looking younger chick, but not many of them. A number of small groups sitting around in lawn chairs, but little energy. I drove the 380Sl and parked behind a 560 SL that Larry Dobbins had recently purchased sight unseen from the internet and a buyer in Dallas. He got a great deal, but we will see how it turns out in the longer run. Just before I left some old guy and his pudgy wife parked next to me in a brand new Mercedes biturbo AMG. Why bring that car to this gathering?
 Maybe the best car at the cruise-in, but tucked away around a corner of th old Eastgate Ford.

 A 1967 Corvette -- nice, but there are so many of these cars.
A Ford rod in flat black.

5 comments: