Popular Posts

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Problem Solved: Sticking Pin on Rear of Mercedes Benz W107 Soft Top Released!


So here is the deal. The rear pin catch that snags the center pin on the soft top (and I also the hard top if it were in place) was stuck. That means I could not put the top down into its cubby hole. Basically the catch for this has two functions: the large lever that looks like a window winder moves the steel rod and pushes the pin up. The small lever is attached to a cable and that cable, when properly moved to the 6 O'Clock position moves the little catch out of the way, thus releasing the pin. If that catch is stuck, the best way to push it out of the way to the passenger side of the car is to get this cotter pin extractor tool from Sears and push it in the empty gap in the hole, then move it right (as you look from the back to the car).
This was a quick fix. Once I got at my latch I sprayed it with W-D 40 and worked the lever back and forth. I don't know how to adjust the cable to get move moment out of the lever, so if any of you know how to do that please add comment.

1 comment:

  1. I always visit your website, I use the statements and content that you share, and I enjoy it. It is great and brilliant. You design your blog perfectly. I shared your website address with my friends.
    Good luck
    For information about the types of second-hand and old cars, you can visit our website:https://cash-cars.sydney/cash-for-written-off-cars/
    thank you very much

    ReplyDelete