Popular Posts

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Quick Fix for a loose taillight bulb on a 1971 Porsche 911





Hi folks --- Three times during recent weeks I have been told that my left brake light was out on my 1971 Porsche 911T.  At first I tried to bend the two contacts for the 1157 bulb and that did not work.  I then tried using some dielectric grease, and that worked only until the car moved and then the light went out for good.  So I looked at the internet and found a quick fix; namely, add some drops of solder to the two contacts and that should tighten the bulb up.  I did that -- fixed the bulb in a box with a hole in it to make working on it easier, then placed some drops of solder on the two contacts. I added enough solder that the bulb did not want to lock in place!  So I took a small file, and  carefully took material off until the bulb locked to place.  And guess what? The light now works like a charm!


1157 Bulb






No comments:

Post a Comment