Popular Posts

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Beavercreek Cruise In, August 4, 2017: a 1957 Fiat Abarth

Hi folks -- not many photos this time around. My batteries died and my backup batteries were also dead!

The one car that struck me as most interesting on Friday night was a 1957 Fiat Abarth.  Why that car?

When I was about 12- 14 years of age I used to go down my street to visit my two cousins.  Next to their home lived Tony, and his home was a double with an upstairs apartment. For a time there lived a guy with a green Fiat Abarth.  It seemed that every time visited my cousins this Abarth owner was in Tony's driveway working on this Abarth. He was hot, sweating, and looking mighty frustrated.

I thought it was an interesting-looking small car, but what I remember most is this guy always working on it. Much later in life -- I was 22 and a graduate student -- I remember a similar kind of situation with an apartment neighbor always working on a Lotus Europa. Perhaps these memories are warnings from God to avoid certain cars!



No comments:

Post a Comment