Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

An exploding Porsche Cayenne Sunroof

Thanks to colleague Juan for sharing this amazing story.  He could write a book about his adventures on I-75 between Dayton and Cincinnati. 







 I had an interesting car ​experience right before break.  Driving on I-75 near Springboro the sunroof on the Cayenne exploded!  Scared the daylights out of me because it sounded like a gunshot.  Nothing hit it, it just blew.  When I took it to the dealer they agreed that nothing appeared to have hit it and it just blew but Porsche US concluded that even though there was no evidence of anything hitting it that must have been the cause.  Amazing.  My insurance covered it without deductible under the glass policy, $2,000, so I didn't fight Porsche too much on it.  I'm sure Porsche doesn't want to admit any issue and figured my insurance would cover it anyway.  Pics attached, you'll notice how it blew outward from the inside.


Important addition thanks to Ed Garten.  The link below explains what happens to cause these explosions! It was more than likely not a rock or debris, but due to internal stresses in the glass.  This is a great piece of investigative journalism. 

https://www.wheels.ca/news/exploding-sunroofs-what-can-cause-it-and-whos-to-blame/


2 comments:

  1. Buy Our soundproof mat to Reduce noise transmission between walls. We have Vast Range of Soundproof Floor Mats Visit us Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your commitment to enhancing administrative skills is truly commendable. Thank you for your wisdom! You have an innate talent for breaking down administrative challenges into digestible solutions.soundproofing barrier mat

    ReplyDelete